2011 Tour of California Cycling CampCome train and ride with us in beautiful California May 14-21st during the
2011 Amgen Tour of California cycling race
Our 6-day cycling training camp takes place in northern California while the TOC is passing through. You'll have the opportunity to see a TOC race start and finish as well as riding on some of the same roads and routes that the race takes place on.
You'll also have the option of viewing the Tour of California time trial in Solvang, CA and the mountain top finish on Mount Baldy, CA on your own after the end of the camp.
We won't make you pack up every day and move to the next location. We base our camps from one comfortable location so you can relax each day after riding. Our TOC camp will be based just blocks from the ocean in Santa Cruz California, and our rides will take you along the beautiful coastline and up through the Redwood Forests in the surrounding Santa Cruz Mountains.
Our professionally coached road and mountain bike cycling training camps give you the opportunity to focus on riding, eating, and relaxing, while learning about training methodology and philosophy. You'll spend your days riding on beautiful roads or trails that provide enough challenges to improve your fitness while still enjoying your cycling. You'll receive full support throughout the camp by our staff and will be guided by professional cycling coach and author of Base Building for Cyclists, Thomas Chapple.
Our cycling training camps are designed to provide you a cycling experience that will result in an increase in your cycling fitness and knowledge. During our camps you'll learn about nutrition, training plan and workout design, power meter and heart rate training, strength training, bike fit, riding skills, and more.
A training camp provides you the opportunity to leave your daily work and life stress behind so that you can focus on challenging yourself physically and mentally in a structured, coached setting that also allows for additional recovery so that your body will be best able to absorb the additional training load. The results are greater fitness and enjoyment.
Come out and enjoy some great roads and trials this year. In addition to improving your cycling fitness, knowledge, and enjoyment you'll get to spend your vacation riding on beautiful roads or trails.
2011 Tour of California 6-day cycling camp price: $2799.00
Early Bird sign up:
Sign up for our TOC cycling camp before February 28th 2011 and receive a 3 months training schedule outline and 90 minutes coaching consultation for free (a $500.00 value) with your non-refundable deposit of $500.00. Deposit will be refunded if for any reason camp is canceled.
Contact us for more information: email: Coach Thomas ctcamps(at)gmail
Camp Price Includes:
• 7 nights hotel in Santa Cruz California (double occupancy)
• 6 group breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 6 group dinners
• Snacks and beverages during rides
• Full ride support, including ride leaders, coach, and sag wagon
• Presentations on training with power and heart rate, bike fit, training plan design, nutrition, riding skills
• You’ll also get to see the finish of TOC Stage 4 in San Jose and start of Stage 5 in Seaside CA
• 15% discounts on custom built Power Tap wheels (contact coach Thomas for details)
Camp Price does not Include:
• Transportation to/from Santa Cruz California
• Bike assembly and/or packing (contact Wade or Matt at Spokesman Bicycles for bike shipping info 831-429-6062) Spokesmanbicycles.com
• Single occupancy rooms (let us know if you'd like to make arrangements for a private room)
• Additional days after camp to view last two stages on TOC (you may choose to do this on your own. Contact us if you’d like more information regarding this option)
Turn Key Training Camps (Contact us for pricing and details):
Choose the dates for your personal training camp and we'll take care of all the details.
We offer custom road and mountain bike camps.
Contact Coach Thomas for details: 206-321-9664 email: Coach Thomas ctcamps(at)gmail
Training Camps may include, but not limited to, the following services:
• Organized route selection
• Full ride support
• Fitness testing
• Bike fit evaluation
• Skills instruction
• Educational presentations
Discounts available (3 or more athletes)
Fees dependant on level of coaching involvement
• 12-month training plan
• Monthly training schedules
• Weight training program design
• Monitoring of Team Email List
• Monthly meetings/consultations
• Training history evaluation
• Fitness progression testing
• Bike fit evaluation
• Race tatics and strategies
• Skills instruction
|Premium Level I Coaching||$700.00/month|
|Level II Coaching||$400.00/month|
|Level III Coaching||$250.00/month|
|Team Coaching||Price Varies|
|Training Camps||Price Varies|